Since reopening our office we've had quite a few people ask, "Is it safe to receive dental care or should I postpone my upcoming appointment?"
While we can't speak for any other dental practices we believe you are more than safe visiting Madison No Fear Dentistry for care.
Prior to coming to this decision we had our entire team thoroughly review the guidance released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, American Dental Association, and the Wisconsin Department of Health so we could implement the highest standards of safety precautions for both the team and patients.
Some of the advanced safety precautions we are taking are:
• Asking patients to check-in via call or text while remaining outside (this allows us to limit the amount of people in the building at a time and sanitize more often).
• Sending a digital COVID prescreening questionaire that can be filled out while waiting to enter our facility.
• Taking forehead temperatures with an infrared thermometer of those entering our facility.
• Having all patients wash hands with soap and water before receiving care and swishing with peroxyl.
• Keeping a 6 foot distance when walking through the halls or when no personal protective equipment is donned. Dane County requires masks indoors for all those without medical conditions and older than 5 years old.
• Adding modern suction tools (such as the releaf and isolite) to procedures to further prevent aerosols.
• Wearing medical grade masks, face-shields and long sleeved scrub tops.
• Using plexiglass to keep both our front desk team and patients socially distanced as we cannot be more than 6 ft away in that area.
• Installing a bi-polar ionization system to our HVAC to kill viruses.
If you would like to learn even more about our updated safety protocols you can view Dr. Dave Ducommun's reopening blog and video here.
Keep in mind that without our amazing team and their ability to create the advanced safety precautions they wanted to feel comfortable providing care, we wouldn't be here today.
If for any reason as a patient you don't feel comfortable receiving care, even with these advanced protocols, please give us at least 24 hours notice to reschedule your appointment.
Thank you for trusting us with your care,
The No Fear Family